School District / Company: Marion City Schools
Phone: (740) 223-4376
Street Address : 420 Presidential Dr. Suite B
City : Marion
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43302
Position Title: Assistant Elementary Principal
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 6
DD : 30
YYYY : 2019
Duties: Has responsibility for the effective operation of the school. The Assistant Elementary School Principal serves to support instructional leadership for the building. Expected to work in concert with the Principal to create a shared vision and clear goals for their school and maintain a positive climate; employ effective decision-making skills; assist in implementing new and challenging initiatives that contribute to high levels of student learning and achievement; assist with the development of faculty and engage in varied two-way communications with the principal, students, parents and community.
1. Assists the principal in the overall administration of the school.
2. Serves as a principal in the absence of the regular principal.
3. Proposes schedules of classes and extracurricular activities.
4. Supervises the preparation of student schedules.
5. Works with department heads and faculty in compiling the annual budget requests.
6. Requisitions supplies, textbooks, and equipment; conducts inventories; maintains records; and checks on receipts for such materials.
7. Assists in safety inspections and safety drill practice activities.
8. Assumes responsibility for coordinating transportation, custodial, cafeteria, and other support services.
9. Supervises the reporting and monitoring of student attendance, and works with the attendance supervisor for investigative follow-up actions.
10. Assists in maintaining discipline throughout the student body, and deals with special cases as necessary.
11. Serves with parent, faculty, and student groups as requested in advancing educational and related activities and objectives.
12. Administers the student PBIS and discipline.
13. Performs such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct.
14. Supervises teachers and departments as assigned by the principal.
15. Performs such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as the principal may from time to time assign.
16. Evaluation of staff including certified and classified.
17. Shared building responsibilities
18. Lead Rti process for multiple buildings.
Professional and Personal Development:
1. Ensure the safety of students.
2. Ability to work effectively with others.
3. Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgement.
4. Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
5. Interacts in a positive manner with staff, students and parents.
6. Maintain appropriate licenses/endorsements and training hours as required.
7. Adhere to all standards established by the Ohio Department of Education for Licensed Educators.
8. Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
9. Ability to work in a team environment.
10. Refer suspected cases of child abuse immediately to the appropriate child protective services/law enforcement agency as mandated by state law and Board of Education policy.
11. Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation.
Experience Required: Certificate, license, or other legal credential required.
Degree(s) required and area of major study.
Certified OTES Evaluator
Kind and amount of prior job experience required.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find
appropriate and acceptable.
Wage or Salary: ● Salary and work year to be established by the Board
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 209 days per year
How to Apply: How to Apply: Internal
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019. Follow links: About Marion City Schools/Apply at Marion City Schools/Internal Applicants/Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form/Login to existing account/Select Position - Job #11232/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-223-4488.
How to Apply: External
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2019. Follow links: About Marion City Schools/Apply at Marion City Schools/View All Open Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Administration/Apply on Educational Service Center of Central Ohio Application Form/Select Position -Job #11232/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle via email email@example.com or call 740-223-4488.
Posting End Date:
MM : 4
DD : 12
YYYY : 2019