School District / Company: Columbus City Schools
Street Address : 270 East State Street
Address Line 2 : 270 East State Street
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43215
Position Title: Chief Information Officer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrator
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2019
Duties: POSITION SUMMARY:
The Chief Information Officer (CIO) Provides leadership and direction in the development, implementation, operation, and maintenance of the district’s business and finance information systems, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish organizational goals and objectives. The CIO establishes the district’s computing and information technology strategic plans, policies, and programs; recommends key technology budget initiatives; and provides oversight for the operation and maintenance of the technology infrastructure and applications. Additionally, the CIO ensures proper technology standards are established and followed, establishes and monitors service level measures and targets for all technology related support activities, provides project oversight for critical projects, and maintains relationships with the local business community and state support agencies.
• Provides strategic leadership, in partnership with the Superintendent, Chief Operating Officer, Chief Academic Officer, and the Board, to create the vision for the district, develop the strategic plan to achieve the vision, and drive the execution of the Board’s policies.
• Serves as a member of the Superintendent’s Executive Team participating in the creation and execution of the district’s vision, mission, and strategic plan to ensure that each student is highly educated, prepared for leadership and service, and empowered for success as a citizen in a global community.
• Directs the day-to-day activities of direct reports; manages employees through central office administrators, which includes hiring, training, counseling, evaluating staff performance, and when necessary disciplining and/or discharging staff.
• Provides leadership and direction in the development, implementation, operation and maintenance of the district’s business and finance information systems, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
• Establishes and oversees implementation of computing and information technology strategic plans, operating policies and approaches, programs and schedules, and ensures that technology is applied efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
• Directs the information and data integrity of the organization and its business units.
• Monitors and evaluates overall operations of computing and information technology functions and recommends enhancements.
• Advises senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business and educational goals and objectives.
• Prepares enterprise objectives and budgets to facilitate the orderly and efficient capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
• Prepares and administers department budget(s) and ensures expenditures are within approved budget(s).
• Interacts with organization managers on internal and external operations that are impacted by the capture, storage, processing, and dissemination of information.
• Reviews and approves major contracts for computing and information technology services and equipment.
• Ensures the security of the information systems, communications network, and equipment.
• Oversees the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages.
• Responsible for the development, review, and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
• Identifies emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the organization
• Ensures departmental staff maintains required credentials and facilitates on-going development opportunities that align with district strategies and objectives
• Assesses new computing technologies to determine potential value for the organization.
• Oversees ongoing improvements and the feasibility of system enhancements.
• Negotiates contracts with vendors and external contractors.
• Establishes organization infrastructure to support and guide individual divisions/departments/sites in computing and information technology efforts.
• Establishes and implements short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
• Serves on planning and policy-making committees.
• Attends Board meetings and performs related tasks.
• Prepares and oversees preparation of departmental documents and reports as required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience Required: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Possession of a bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field, and 10 years of information technology experience including senior-level management responsibilities and strategic planning and execution.
• A master’s degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field may substitute for 1 year of the required experience.
• A PhD in information technology, computer science, or a related field may substitute for 2 years of the required experience.
• Experience with implementation of information technology integrations in a large division/organization.
• Demonstrated supervisory skills to effectively manage the daily operations and administration of assigned function(s).
• Demonstrated ability to handle problem situations in a tactful and courteous manner.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively serve as a leader and member of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to respond effectively and promptly to issues, and communicate resolutions in a timely manner.
• Models high standards of integrity and ethical behavior, self-discipline, and responsibility.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills and analytical ability to identify and resolve information technology problems of the highest nature.
• Project management skills necessary to successfully implement a variety of complex technology network and infrastructure projects.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to work productively with district administrators, the Superintendent, and the Board in long-range strategic and business planning and decision-making.
• Leadership skills required to respond to the challenges presented by an ethnically and culturally diverse community.
• High level of cognitive skills, analysis and decisiveness, organization and high internal work standards.
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
• Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
• Knowledge of information technology computer systems and software, and the ability to manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations.
• Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local laws, codes, and regulations relating to computer systems and computer programming.
• Knowledge of organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies, and operations.
• Knowledge of K-12 curriculum and instructional programs, policies, procedures, practices, and system-wide goals.
• Knowledge of district organization, operations, policies, and objectives.
• Knowledge of the development of key processes for the purpose of increasing operational efficiencies and assuring high-level customer service.
• Knowledge of and demonstrated respect for all employees, executive staff, BOE members, and community leaders using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
• Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
• Ability to provide leadership and to supervise the planning, development, and establishment of new, modified, and/or improved technology services and activities.
• Ability to delegate authority and responsibility, and hold subordinates accountable.
• Ability to establish and accomplish goals.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
• Ability to develop and direct an effective Technology team, with a commitment to professional growth and development.
• Ability to analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
• Ability to meet schedules and timelines.
• Ability to work confidentially and with discretion.
Wage or Salary: $137,108.00
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 5 days a week
How to Apply: To apply, go to www.ccsoh.us, Jobs / Employment Opportunities / Administrative Positions / Business Administrative Opportunities
Posting End Date:
MM : 7
DD : 30
YYYY : 2019