The Ohio State University
College of Education and Human Ecology
Department of Educational Studies
Clinical Professor—Director of EdD Program—Educational Administration
The Department of Educational Studies at The Ohio State University invites applications for a clinical faculty position at the rank of assistant professor for its nationally recognized Educational Administration program. The successful candidate will also serve as the Director of the Educational Administration EdD Program, which is currently matriculating its 3rd cohort. This is a twelve-month appointment to begin January 2019, with a heavy emphasis on teaching, advising and administrative
service, but also offering opportunities for research.
• EdD program leadership that is integrated with leadership roles and responsibilities
in other Educational Administration programs that include state licensure and MA and
• Oversee day-to-day EdD program management.
• Support marketing, recruiting and coordinating admissions of EdD students.
• Lead communication with EdD students.
• Ensure quality of EdD capstone projects, and work with students toward seeking publication of these projects. • As appropriate, participate in collaborative applied research with other faculty and student researchers and practice partners (e.g., districts staff).
• Conduct timely program evaluations, propose periodic program improvements, and
consistently collect and share EdD program data with Educational Administration faculty.
• An earned doctorate in Educational Administration/Leadership or a related area by
November 1, 2018.
• Demonstrated commitment to educational equity, diversity, and inclusion.
• Evidence of working in or engagement with the P-12 school community.
• Demonstrated ability to teach graduate-level courses and advise doctoral students.
• Administrative leadership experience at the school building or district level, or relevant organizational or project-based environment.
• Collaborative experiences linking site-based needs with university-based research and writing.
• Research-based authorship that is conducive to practical replications for hands-on experiences for doctoral students.
Application: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To be most competitive, candidates are encouraged to complete applications by October 15, 2018. Please submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, a statement describing your teaching philosophy, and the names with contact information for three references to: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/11967
The position requires successful completion of a background check. Specific questions about the position may be directed to Dr. Scott Sweetland, search committee chair, at email@example.com
EEO/Affirmative Action: The Ohio State University is committed to building and maintaining a diverse community to reflect human diversity and improve opportunities for all. The university embraces human diversity and is committed to equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and eliminating discrimination. Ohio State does not discriminate against any individual based upon age, ancestry,
color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, HIV/AIDS status, military status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment and admission.