School District / Company: Marion City Schools
Position Title: Communication and Marketing Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 4
DD : 16
YYYY : 2019
Duties: Performance Responsibilities:
• Ensure the safety of students.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
• Interact in a positive manner with staff, students and
• Leads the delivery and continuous improvement of public
• Implements marketing and advertising campaign by
assembling and analyzing district data.
• Prepares marketing and advertising strategies, plans,
objectives and monitoring.
• Plans and organizes promotional presentations.
• Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and
summarizing district data.
• Prepares marketing materials at district’s request.
• Directs the delivery and continuous improvement of
public relations program.
• Collaborates with school personnel and advisory
committees to identify, develop, and implement
necessary programs and innovative services.
• Serves as the information link between the community
and school district. Serves as media liaison (including
• Assists the superintendent, board members, and service
center administrators with public appearances and
• Coordinates and/or takes photographs of school events.
• Advises district leaders on levy communications as
• Works with staff to develop articles publicizing school
programs and activities. Develops human-internet
stories, special events, awards, public/professional
• Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts
and other stories and assist with media coverage.
• Coordinates the preparation of publications. Ensures that
communication materials are accurate and appropriate.
Provides opportunity to review materials before
• Assists with annual reports including collecting data,
writing and editing. Assists district with annual report
preparation, writing and editing.
• Assists district with newsletters and e-newsletters
including writing, placement and editing.
• Assists with website development including writing and
• Promotes a positive stream of stories to the press as related to educational changes and policies, awards and human interest. Authors marketing plans by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data and executes the plan.
• Assists with social media strategy and policy as needed.
• Attends and actively participates in all required/assigned training sessions, meetings, and other responsibilities.
• Cooperates with and supports all service district regulations, standards, and expectations.
• Manage/complete required deadlines and time sensitive obligations, ensure that laws and regulations are followed, and demands of maintaining communications with large and diverse publics are handled in an efficient and professional manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Superintendent.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation.
• Occasional travel to School District offices, building, classroom and grounds.
• Occasional traversing throughout various buildings.
• Often sitting for extended periods.
• Standing for periods of time.
• Moderate lifting from 15-30 pounds.
• Manual dexterity to use office equipment. Repetitive operation of computer keyboard.
• Sensory Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively in all aspects of the job. Work Environment: Generally, office setting year round. Temperament: Ability to work as a leader, coordinator and a member of a team.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret educational periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff and the general public.
Experience Required: Qualifications: The following qualifications are
considered as guidelines:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, public relations or closely related field or verified experience in education preferred.
• Skills and abilities to write and speak effectively in both small and large group settings.
• Working knowledge of basic office procedures and operation of common office equipment and machines.
• Abilities and attributes to promote positive internal and external customer relations, including creating effective interpersonal relationships and projecting a professional image.
• Adept at social media and knowledge of production software.
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with experience
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 day contract
How to Apply: How to Apply: External Applicant
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 10, 2019. Follow links: MCS Professional Capital/Apply at Marion City Schools/View All Open Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Administration/
JobID#10967/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle via email
Posting End Date:
MM : 5
DD : 10
YYYY : 2019