School District / Company: ESC of Central Ohio
Phone: (614) 445-3750
Street Address : 2080 Citygate Drive
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43219
Position Title: Coordinator of Curriculum and Instructional Support
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 08
DD : 01
YYYY : 2019
Under the direction of the Director of Professional Learning, lead a team of subject matter experts in the design and implementation of a continua of high quality and impactful district/school based; agency hosted; and blended curriculum, instruction and assessment services and supports for Pre-K12 educators to build capacity and collective efficacy toward higher levels of achievement and progress for all. All programming will be aligned to Ohio's Learning Standards and the very best evidence-based strategies and delivered within a collaborative system with shared accountability.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
"The following duties are representative of performance expectations; however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance."
• Works cooperatively with district leaders to review school performance results and student needs and develop strategies that increase student achievement.
• Provides leadership, coordination, expertise, support and analysis of curriculum, instruction, and assessment needs in districts and schools.
• Develops internal capacity of the agency to provide content area subject matter expertise in the areas of math and literacy in support of program and services.
• Supervises assigned personnel, conducts annual performance appraisal and makes recommendations for appropriate employment actions based on fulfillment of goals, accompanied by documentation for accountability.
• Communicates effectively and consistently with clients.
• Develops and coaches classroom teachers in implementing strategies that engage students in evidence-based instructional strategies as measured against grade-level indicators, benchmarks and standards.
• Performs other specific job-related duties as assigned by Superintendent or his/her designee.
Experience Required: • Master's degree of higher in education related field
• Five years or more of successful leadership experience in curriculum, instruction, and assessment in a school and/or district setting.
• Demonstrated ability in working collaboratively with diverse constituencies including classroom teachers, principals, district administrators, support specialists, community, agency staff, regional service providers and ODE.
• Knowledge of curriculum development, instructional supervision, and assessment development.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications.
• Valid Ohio licensure as an administrator.
• Documentation of a clear criminal record.
• Complies with drug-free workplace rules and Board policies.
• Additional administrative experience in the following areas is desirable:
o Staff Development
o Instructional Leadership
o Data Analysis
o Assessment development
o Applied Research/Evaluation
o Cultural Competence
o Equity/Diversity initiatives
Wage or Salary: Salary
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 7.5
How to Apply: Please complete the employment application through the ESCCO website at www.escco.org.
Posting End Date:
MM : 07
DD : 15
YYYY : 2019