School District / Company: ESC of Central Ohio
Phone: (614) 445-3750
Street Address : 2080 Citygate Drive
Address Line 2 : 2080 Citygate Drive
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43219
Position Title: Coordinator of Equity and Diversity
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2019
Coordinate the agency’s strategic initiatives in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion. In partnership with other agency leadership, the Coordinator will advance equity initiatives in programs, services and operations of the agency. Additionally, the Coordinator will foster inclusive practices for all students, families, employees and the communities served. The Coordinator of Equity will guide efforts to define, assess, nurture, and cultivate diversity as an institutional and educational resource.
Experience Required: Minimum Qualifications:
• Master’s degree or higher in education related field.
• Five years or more of successful leadership experience in education or public agencies.
• Demonstrated ability in working collaboratively with diverse constituencies including classroom teachers, principals, district administrators, support specialists, community, agency staff, regional service providers and ODE.
• The candidate should have a demonstrated knowledge and experience with equity initiatives, diversity training/education, inclusive practices, and program design.
• Clear track record of leading effective teams, and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines with minimal direction.
• Demonstrated skill in oral and written communications.
• Valid Ohio licensure as an administrator or able to obtain one.
Additional administrative experience in the following areas is desirable:
• Staff Development, Instructional Leadership, Data Analysis, Cultural Competence, Culturally Responsive Teaching, Equity/Diversity Initiatives, Inclusive Practices.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions: The following duties are representative of performance expectations: however, the list below is not ranked in order of importance.
• The coordinator develops and ensures program opportunities support the needs of students/staff of various races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, socio-economic classes, religious and spiritual traditions, ages and abilities.
• Develop and implement strategies to monitor and evaluate Agency-wide process toward eliminating the achievement disparities among students of all racial and economic groups.
• Collaborate with district staff to develop and sustain policies and practices that work to maintain high achievement and eliminate the racial and economic predictability and disproportionality of student achievement.
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of student/staff development with the ability to form strong advising, mentoring, and working relationships with students/staff of diverse backgrounds.
• Design and coordinate professional development in the areas of equity, diversity, inclusive practices and social justice.
• Provide assistance, coaching and consultation to staff regarding equity and cultural competency.
• Exhibits a strong knowledge and appreciation of diversity and a sincere commitment to social justice and equality.
• Advocates for underrepresented and marginalized students/staff to support and sustain an Agency culture of collaboration, inclusion, and equity.
• Develops collaborative partnerships to enhance the work of equity and diversity.
• Communicate effectively and consistently with clients
• Perform all other duties as assigned by superintendent or designee
Wage or Salary: Salary
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 7.5
How to Apply: Please complete the employment application through www.escco.org.
Posting End Date:
MM : 07
DD : 15
YYYY : 2019