School District / Company: Ohio Department of Education
Street Address : 25 S Front St
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43215
Position Title: Director for Field Services and Transportation
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Full-Time
MM : 6
DD : 25
YYYY : 2019
Duties: Strong organizational skills and an expertise in local school district finance make you a great candidate for the position of Director in the Office of Field Relations. The opportunity is to lead a team of staff that assists school districts in the areas of fiscal oversight, pupil transportation, and provide direction to school finance programs.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
Serves as Director for Field Services (Area Coordinators) and Transportation and manages the operations and supervises regional staff and offices:
• Directs and provides oversight for school finance statewide programs (e.g., Non-Public Tuition, open enrollment);
• Provides oversight for five-year forecast process, fiscal watch/fiscal emergency programs, and other school finance statewide programs (e.g., Non-Public Tuition, open enrollment);
• Provides leadership, direction, technical support, and guidance to public schools & other agencies providing pupil transportation services (i.e., transportation of public, non-public, and community school pupils);
• Reviews legislation related to school finance and transportation, implements laws and administrative code by developing policies, procedures, processes, and guidelines;
• Enforces program requirements and/or monitors compliance with state and federal laws and regulations;
• Collaborates and supports other offices in monitoring, review, compliance, and consultation of Ohio Department of Education programs (e.g., FTE review);
• Participates and represents the office in cross-agency workgroups;
• Plans, develops and delivers school finance and transportation program trainings for Local Educational Agencies (LEA’s) across the state;
• Works with office staff and communications to effectively communicate program initiatives for the Office of Field Relations;
• Supervises Ohio Pre-service Driver training program (e.g., program content, contract maintenance, and provision of services by participating ESC’s contracted with for program fulfillment);
• Collaborates with other state agencies with respect to pupil safety and transportation services;
• Contributes to the agency efforts to encourage effective and efficient business practices by school districts;
• Supervises assigned staff (e.g., assigns work, performance evaluation, ensures department policies and procedures are followed).
Experience Required: Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting; 7 years experience in applicable area of public/school finance.
• Master’s degree in finance, economics, public administration, educational administration, or other similar field; 5 years experience in applicable area of public/school finance.
• School Treasurer License; 3 years experience in applicable area of public/school finance.
• Superintendent License; 1 year experience in applicable area of public/school finance or educational administration.
• Proven experience in school finance and/or educational administration;
• Development/monitoring of projects;
• Responsibility for budgeting large scale programs, projects, contracts and/or grants;
• Scheduling, supervision and management of personnel;
• Experience managing resources to achieve program outcomes;
• Development of tools and technical assistance related to fiscal procedures and requirements;
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team-building skills;
• Systems thinker with creativity and strong problem-solving skills.
Wage or Salary: $85,000 - $90,000.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40
How to Apply: All qualified candidates should apply at www.careers.ohio.gov no later than May 26, 2019.
Posting End Date:
MM : 5
DD : 26
YYYY : 2019