School District / Company: Mid-Ohio Educational Service Center
Phone: (419) 774-2515
Street Address : 890 West Fourth St
City : Mansfield
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 44906
Position Title: Director of Teaching and Learning
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administration
MM : 08
DD : 01
YYYY : 2019
Duties: GENERAL DESCRIPTIONS
The Director of Teaching and Learning provides leadership for Mid-Ohio ESC’s full range of data, assessment and accountability services in support of its partner school districts. Coordination with district, building and teacher-based teams on the collection, use and interpretation of data to improve curriculum and instruction that leads to increased student achievement. Data, assessment and accountability through the consultation, facilitation, training and support to individuals/teams to develop a culture that promotes data- informed decisions and supports staff in making sense of data.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide customized training and support to partner district leadership teams in the review, analysis and application of student achievement and growth data including value-added.
• Compile partner district and/or building level data from a variety of sources, including national and state tests, ACT, SAT, end-of-course tests, formative assessments and other identified sources, in an annual academic achievement report. A focus will be given to Ohio’s State Test in English Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
• Present data to partner districts in understandable, easy-to-interpret charts, graphs and tables to individuals and small groups, including district and/or building leadership teams and teacher-based teams to identify appropriate intervention strategies and programs as well as district specific staff development needs.
• Develop knowledge and skills on the use of norm-referenced and criterion-referenced test results, including key concepts, terminology and measures that are critical to understanding and interpreting data correctly and using data in a positive, action-oriented way to motivate students/staff by setting goals and recognizing progress.
• Interpret partner district data and lead collaborative discussions on data findings, conclusions and focused planning.
• Assist partner districts in the development and support of data teams across classrooms, grade levels, buildings and districts to improve alignment of curriculum, instruction and assessment with academic content standards.
• Build awareness with partner districts in usage and capacity of Ohio’s data tools to assist in effective instructional decisions.
• Explore strategies to provide transparent, easy access to partner district data to engage the community in the schools.
• Additional partner district supports may include a content or grade level specific curriculum auditing, mapping, and pacing guides.
• Conduct staff performance evaluations for all assigned personnel
• Approve the purchase of supplies and equipment in accordance with the educational plan and department budget allocations
• Participate with appropriate strategic partners to maintain current budget and educational knowledge
• Participation as an active member of the Mid-Ohio administrative team that seeks to meet the needs of its partner districts.
Experience Required: QUALIFICATIONS
• Master’s degree with Ohio certification/license in administration preferred
• Current Ohio teaching certification/license
• Successful teaching and administrative experience
• Understanding of Ohio’s Learning Standards, curriculum alignment, effective instructional practices, assessments, state testing and continuous school improvement process
Wage or Salary: negotiable
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 224 days
How to Apply:
Posting End Date:
MM : 03
DD : 18
YYYY : 2019