School District / Company: Middletown City Schools
Street Address : One Donham Plaza, 4th Floor
City : Middletown
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 45042
Position Title: Elementary Principal @ Central Academy (K-6, Non-Graded)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administration / Principal
MM : 7
DD : 1
YYYY : 2019
Duties: Supervises all building level staff members, Assistant Principal (s), students, and occasionally university students.
1. To provide quality educational experiences for all students.
2. To provide an organized, clean, safe environment for students and staff.
3. To use leadership, supervisory, and administrative skills so as to support building personnel promoting the
educational development of each and every student.
4. To create and implement strategies to improve teaching and learning as an educational/instructional leader.
5. To further the mission and vision of the school district.
6. To support the implementation of a rigorous, relevant curriculum through challenging, engaging class interactions.
7. To monitor and evaluate teaching and learning in all classrooms.
8. To assure that all students reach their potential and to develop lifelong love of learning in students.
9. To use a variety of data types to inform instructional practice.
10. To foster and develop positive relationships with parents and the community.
Experience Required: The Middletown City School District is seeking a highly motivated and knowledgeable individual that promotes the academic and personal growth for each child.
The Principal must be a visionary leader and improve academic achievement as well as have the ability to collaborate with: staff, parents, and other stakeholders to ensure success for each student.
History: Central Academy opened in 1991 as a school of choice to parents and students in the Middletown City School District. Today, Central Academy Non-graded houses approximately 350 students ages 5 to 12 in grades K-6. The educational program at Central is based on the philosophy of multi-age, non-graded education. With the exception of kindergarten, students are grouped by two and three-year-age clusters and move through the curriculum at their own individual pace.
1. Baccalaureate degree in teaching field.
2. Master’s degree or higher in Educational Leadership/Administration.
3. Hold a current and valid State of Ohio certification/license. (Valid Ohio Principal or Superintendent License)
4. Minimum of five years successful classroom teaching and building administration experience preferred
5. Appropriately credentialed in teacher evaluations preferred.
6. Acceptable BCII report and FBI report.
7. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
8. Ability to meet all job expectations and objectives.
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40 hours/week
How to Apply: Please apply online at:
Posting End Date:
MM : 2
DD : 28
YYYY : 2019