School District / Company: ESC of Central Ohio
Phone: (614) 445-3750
Street Address : 2080 Citygate Drive
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43219
Position Title: Executive Director of the Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 6
DD : 10
YYYY : 2019
Duties: The Executive Director is the public policy voice and key management leader of the Ohio Coalition for the Education of Children with Disabilities (OCECD). The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the operations, programs, and strategic plan of a multidisciplinary/multicultural organization. This includes oversight of public policy engagement activities, key business processes, organizational structure and management practices, communications, fundraising, and the development and deployment of staff. This position reports to the OCECD Governing Board.
In and out of state travel is required.
Experience Required: Minimum Qualifications:
• Candidate should demonstrate multiple years of successful leadership experience in a non-profit or similar setting.
• Candidate should demonstrate the ability to effectively and compassionately assist parents of children with disabilities, to understand and relate to parents’ needs and concerns, and direct the organization from a parent perspective.
• Candidate should demonstrate the ability to develop working relationships with federal and state governmental entities and agencies, member organizations, non-member organizations with common interests, and other groups as would further the mission of OCECD.
• Candidate should demonstrate the ability to evaluate the financial, administrative and operational implications of proposed actions by individual areas and departments of the organization.
• Candidate should demonstrate success with strategic planning and project management.
• Candidate should demonstrate excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to deliver effective speaking presentations to diverse groups.
Wage or Salary: Negotiable. A comprehensive fringe package is offered.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260
How to Apply: Complete an application online at www.escco.org.
Posting End Date:
MM : 5
DD : 31
YYYY : 2019