School District / Company: The Connor School
State : Ohio
Position Title: Founding Principal
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 9
DD : 1
YYYY : 2018
Duties: The Connor Group Kids & Community Partners is planning to open Ohio’s first private secular school exclusively for poverty-impacted students.
The school is scheduled to open in the fall of 2021 in Dayton. It will serve the whole child – mind, body and spirit – through wraparound services that include healthcare, counseling, vision, dental, family services, after-school, summer programming and more.
Although the school will consist of students in kindergarten through eighth grade, we’ll continue supporting and tracking students through high school, college and into adulthood.
The project will be the biggest non-profit endeavor taken on by The Connor Group, which has been recognized as one of the nation’s top workplaces and most innovative companies in its field.
We’re looking for a principal to help us plan, open and operate this innovative school that will open in 2021 and become a national model for educational excellence.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Recruiting and leading a staff of approximately 40 teachers, as well as an assistant principal, controller, director of wraparound services and other key support staff members.
- Developing and reinforcing culture.
- Researching, selecting and instituting curriculum for approximately 400 students.
- Engaging the community and communicating our vision.
- Participating in the strategic planning of the school.
- Implementing key metrics to measure student growth and success.
- Communicating with families and setting clear expectations for the role they play in their children’s education.
- Serving as the school’s top classroom instructional leader.
Experience Required: The right candidate will have:
- A track record of high achievement
- The desire and drive to work long hours and relentlessly improve outcomes
- A strong belief in providing a world-class education to poverty-impacted kids
- The ability to hold his or herself – as well as others – individually accountable
A knack for communicating the mission of the school and inspiring others
The necessary grit to overcome adversity
Incredibly high integrity and a spotless reputation
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: Negotiable
How to Apply: Send resume to Ryan Ernst at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 937-434-3095.
Posting End Date:
MM : 9
DD : 1
YYYY : 2018