School District / Company: Lakewood Local Schools
Phone: (740) 928-5878
Street Address : 525 East Main St.
Address Line 2 : PO Box 70
City : Hebron
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43025
Position Title: Principal-Lakewood High School
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Principal
MM : 08
DD : 01
YYYY : 2018
Duties: Performance Responsibilities:
1. Principals facilitate the articulation and realization of a shared vision of continuous school improvement.
2. Principals lead (initiate) the process (and support team work) of setting, monitoring and achieving specific and challenging goals that reflect high expectations for all students and staff.
3. Principals lead the change process for continuous improvement.
4. Principals anticipate, monitor and respond to educational developments that affect school issues and environment.
1. Principals ensure that the instructional content that is taught is aligned with the Ohio academic content standards and curriculum priorities in the school and district.
2. Principals ensure instructional practices are effective and meet the needs of all students.
3. Principals advocate for high levels of learning for all students, including students identified as gifted, students with disabilities and at-risk students.
4. Principals know, understand and share relevant research.
5. Principals understand, encourage and facilitate the effective use of data by staff.
6. Principals support staff in planning and implementing research-based professional development.
School Operations, Resources and Learning Environment
1. Principals establish and maintain a safe school environment.
2. Principals create a nurturing learning environment that addresses the physical and mental health needs of all.
3. Principals allocate resources, including technology, to support student and staff learning.
4. Principals institute procedures and practices to support staff and students and establish an environment that is conducive to learning.
5. Principals understand, uphold and model professional ethics, policies, and legal codes of professional conduct.
1. Principals promote a collaborative learning culture.
2. Principals share leadership with staff, students, parents and community members.
3. Principals develop and sustain leadership. Principals support and advance the leadership capacity of all educators.
Parents and Community Engagement
1. Principals connect the school with the community.
2. Principals involve parents and community members in improving student learning.
3. Principals use community resources to improve student learning.
4. Principals establish expectations for the use of culturally responsive practices that acknowledge and value diversity.
Experience Required: Qualifications:
1. A Master’s Degree or higher in educational administration.
2. A valid State of Ohio principal’s license.
3. A minimum of three years experience as a teacher or administrator.
4. Successfully complete and pass a BCII and FBI check.
1. Principals help create a shared vision and clear goals for their schools and ensure continuous progress toward achieving the goals.
2. Principals support the implementation of high-quality standards-based instruction that results in higher levels of achievement for all students.
3. Principals allocate resources and manage school operations in order to ensure a safe and productive learning environment.
4. Principals establish and sustain collaborative learning and shared leadership to promote student learning and achievement of all students.
5. Principals engage parents and community members in the educational process and create an environment where community resources support student learning, achievement and well-being.
Reports to/Evaluated by: Superintendent/Director of District Services
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 223 Days
How to Apply: Current employees of Lakewood Local School District should email Mary Kay Andrews at email@example.com by 3:00 p.m. on March 9, 2018.
If not an employee, please email Mrs. Andrews and complete an Ohio Reap application by 3:00 p.m. on March 9, 2018.
Posting End Date:
MM : 03
DD : 09
YYYY : 2018