Position Title: Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Superintendent
MM : 08
DD : 01
YYYY : 2018
Duties: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
1. Making formal presentations and recommendations to the Board.
2. Responding to requests and inquiries from the Board.
3. Meet and confers with local boards on areas of concern.
4. Assume a role of leadership in the state through active involvement in state committees and the legislative process.
5. Nominating supervisors, coordinators, and other certified employees for employment by the Educational Service Center of Lorain County.
6. Recommending secretaries, clerks, and other classified employees for employment by the Educational Service Center of Lorain County.
7. Supervising and evaluating directors and other employees as specified.
8. Setting personnel policies and standards for the Educational Service Center of Lorain County.
9. Making recommendations for the extension or termination of Educational Service Center of Lorain County personnel employment contracts.
Serves as the Educational Service Center of Lorain County Governing Board’s professional advisor in all matters relating to school policy and acts to implement and execute all policies adopted by the Educational Service Center of Lorain County Governing Board. Such services may include:
1. Preparing agendas, reports and materials for Board review.
2. Keeping the Board informed about operations of the Educational Service Center of Lorain County and local districts.
3. Representing the Board at local, state, and/or national professional meetings, conferences and organizations.
4. Offering professional advice to the board on items requiring action with appropriate recommendations based on thorough study and analysis.
5. Keeping the Board informed about legislative changes in a timely manner.
Serves as the chief spokesperson for the Educational Service Center of Lorain County Governing Board and the Educational Service Center of Lorain County. Such services may include:
1. Developing cooperative relationships with the news media.
2. Participating in community life and affairs.
3. Interpreting school problems and concerns to the community.
4. Responding to community concerns and inquiries.
5. Routinely communicating with the public through publications, reports, newsletters, etc.
6. Participating in state-wide initiatives as a representative of the County’s school districts.
Oversees the personnel procedure and practices of the Educational Service Center of Lorain County. Such oversight may include:
Staff and Personnel Relationships
1. Developing supervisor/coordinators job descriptions and assignments.
2. Supervising the planning and implementation of in-service, and staff development.
3. Providing essential staffing in a shared service environment.
Coordinates the planning efforts of the Educational Service Center of Lorain County. Such coordination may include:
1. Providing leadership in the design and development of short and long term plans.
2. Providing leadership in the design and development of management systems.
3. Providing leadership through active involvement with the Lake Erie Regional Council.
4. Coordinating needed services with all school systems within Lorain County.
5. Chairing the monthly planning meeting of the Lorain County superintendents.
6. Providing leadership on the Board of Directors for “Connect” (ITC) and North Coast Shared Services Alliance (NCSSA).
Experience Required: Qualifications
Must have a valid State of Ohio Superintendent license
Experience as a Superintendent
The Educational Service Center of Lorain County has identified the following qualifications as being of particular importance:
• Familiarity with Lorain County districts and an awareness of the region's priorities
• Experience in a shared service environment and collaborating with multiple districts and educational service centers
• Necessary entrepreneurial skills to maintain and expand current revenue streams
Wage or Salary: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260
How to Apply:
Online application https://www.applitrack.com/esclc/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp
Applications must contain the following uploaded items:
• A letter of interest emphasizing qualifications
• A current resume
• A copy of your current Ohio Superintendent License
• Three letters of recommendation
DIRECT QUESTIONS TO:
Mr. Greg Ring
Educational Service Center of Lorain County
1885 Lake Avenue
Elyria, OH 44035
Phone: (440) 324-5777 ext 1102
Application deadline: 2/28/18