School District / Company: Marion City Schools
Phone: (740) 223-4376
Street Address : 100 Executive Dr
City : Marion
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43302
Position Title: Marion Literacy Trainer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2020
Duties: Job Goal:
To provide leadership in the development, implementation, training, and coordination of the school's literacy and professional learning opportunities
1. Monitors implementation of the district literacy plan and ensures all necessary timelines and steps are met
2. Develops timelines and identifies implementation supports necessary to support district literacy plan
3. Collaborates with Curriculum Supervisor to provide training to and coaching of literacy coaches
4. Provides professional development on literacy to staff on continual basis
5. Conducts site visits in schools and meets with principals and literacy teams, as well as district administrators.
6. Develops systematic procedures that support literacy in buildings.
7. Establishes and participates in a District Literacy team.
8. Attends ongoing relevant professional development
9. Monitors the implementation of literacy framework and assures that each school is implementing the framework with fidelity
10. Creates a monitoring tool to ensure fidelity within literacy framework across all buildings
11. Writes an annual district report to be submitted to Superintendent and/or Board of Education.
12. Provides for the development, updating, editing of instructional guides as prescribed by the state law and board policy.
13. Presents curriculum documents to curriculum subcommittee, Board of Education, and O.D.E. as appropriate and necessary for technical assistance.
14. Assists the Superintendent in the task of providing leadership in developing, achieving, and maintaining the best possible educational programs and services.
15. Works with the Director of Teaching and Learning, Curriculum Supervisor, building principals and other professional staff as it pertains to literacy K¬12.
16. Works with the Director of Teaching and Learning and other staff to provide opportunities for in¬service training and administration in support of curricular and instructional program.
17. Assists principals in evaluating the effectiveness of classroom instructional techniques, methods, materials assessments and organization.
18. Researches, evaluates, and makes recommendations for changes in instructional materials to Director of Teaching and Learning.
19. Plans, directs and evaluates the literacy program of the school district and recommends changes to the Director of Teaching and Learning.
20. Leads instructional rounds with staff
21. Attends the regular meetings of the Board of Education upon request and makes such recommendations and reports as the Superintendent of Schools or the Board of Education may request. Attends executive sessions if required.
22. Evaluates certified and classified staff as necessary.
23. Collaborate effectively with administration and teaching staff.
24. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Teaching and Learning and/or Superintendent.
25. Ensures the safety of students.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain liaison and active participation with educational leaders in student assessment, curriculum and professional development at the state, regional, and national level
2. Serve as a consultant/facilitator for staff in-service educational materials
3. Assist the superintendent or designee with budget development
4. Assist in recruitment, screening, training, and assigning of instructional personnel
5. Recommend policy appropriate to assigned areas
6. Prepare needed reports for the Board of Education
7. Respond to routine questions and requests in an appropriate, timely manner
8. Cooperate with Director of Teaching and Learning and Superintendent in the development and implementation of administrative and board policies
9. Attend meetings and conferences designed to enhance professional qualifications
10. Perform other duties as assigned by the Superintendent, Director of Teaching and Learning and/or board of education
Experience Required: Title: Marion Literacy Trainer
Responsible To: Director of Teaching and Learning
Qualifications: District Employee
Extensive background in literacy instruction
Master’s Degree in education with emphasis on reading
and language arts preferred
Three years of teaching experience
Previous literacy coach experience preferred
Experience working with adults
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 days per year
How to Apply:
How to Apply: Internal
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, April 3, 2020. Follow links: MCS Professional Capital/Apply at Marion City Schools/View Internal Positions/Administration/Apply Job #12977/Login in to existing account. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle, Director of Human Capital and Operations via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply: External
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 3:30 pm on Friday, April 3, 2020. Follow links: MCS Professional Capital/Apply at Marion City Schools/View All Open Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Administration/Apply Job #12977/Login to existing account or if you do not have an account select Start to begin the process. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle, Director of Human Capital and Operations via email email@example.com.
Posting End Date:
MM : 4
DD : 3
YYYY : 2020