School District / Company: Marion City Schools
Phone: (740) 223-4376
Street Address : 100 Executive Dr
City : Marion
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43302
Position Title: Middle School Prinicipal
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2020
Duties: 1. Continuous Improvement: Principals help create a shared vision and goals for their schools and ensure continuous progress toward achieving the goals.
• Facilitate the articulation and realization of a shared vision of continuous improvement and district mission statement.
• Assist with the process of setting, monitoring and achieving specific and challenging goals that reflect high expectations for all students and staff.
• Assist with the change process for continuous improvement.
• Anticipate, monitor and respond to educational developments that affect school issues and the environment.
• Leads the staff through the facilitation of the Ohio Improvement Process.
2. Instruction: Principals support the implementation of high quality standards-based instruction that results in high levels of achievement for all students.
• Ensure that the instructional content that is taught is aligned with the Ohio Learning Standards and curriculum priorities in the school and district.
• Ensure instructional practices are effective and meet the needs of all students.
• Advocate for high levels of learning for all students, identified as gifted, students with disabilities and at-risk students.
• Know, understand and share relevant research.
• Understand, encourage and facilitate the effective use of data by staff.
• Support staff in planning and implementing research-based professional development.
• Guide, monitor and evaluate the performance of all school personnel to ensure high levels of effective practice.
• Coordinate and evaluate the curriculum in accordance with the district curriculum policy and expectations by the Director of Teaching and Learning.
3. Resources and School Operations: Principals allocate resources and manage school operations in order to ensure a safe and productive learning environment.
• Establish and maintain a safe school environment
• Create a nurturing learning environment that addresses the physical and mental health needs of all.
• Allocate resources and a budget, including technology, to support student and staff learning.
• Institute procedures and practices to support staff and students and establish an environment that is conducive to learning.
• Understand, uphold and model professional ethics, policies, and legal codes of professional conduct.
• Assist in selection, placement, and performance of staff including making contract recommendations when appropriate.
• Leads the evaluation and supervision of all personnel in the building.
• Assess the general conditions and needs of the building and grounds and reports to appropriate support staff.
• Works with custodial and maintenance staff to ensure the proper cleanliness, repair and safety of the building and grounds.
• Directs the release of information of the school through appropriate communication techniques.
4. Collaboration: Principals establish and sustain collaborative learning and shared
leadership to promote learning and achievement of all students.
• Promotes a collaborative learning environment and encourages staff to maintain a positive relationship with community.
• Share leadership with staff, students, parents and community members.
• Develops and sustains leadership.
5. Parents and Community Engagement:
• Use community resources to improve student learning.
• Involves parents and community members in improving student learning.
• Connects to school and community.
• Establish for the use of culturally responsive practices that acknowledge and value diversity.
• Implement effective practices to communicate and collaborate with staff, families and community.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Maintain appropriate licenses/endorsements and training hours as required.
• Comply with applicable District, state, local and federal laws, rules and regulations.
• Adhere to all standards established by the Ohio Department of Education for Licensed Educators.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Maintain knowledge of academic area, teaching methodology and strategies to engage students.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to communicate ideas and directives clearly and effectively both orally and in writing.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and sound judgement.
• Maintain confidentiality and respect for confidential information at all times.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
• Attends meetings, professional development and serves on staff committees as required.
• Interacts in a positive manner with staff, students and parents.
• Refer suspected cases of child abuse immediately to the appropriate child protective services/law enforcement agency as mandated by state law and Board of Education policy.
• Promote good public relations by personal appearance, attitude and conversation.
• Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect district equipment, materials and facilities.
Experience Required: Master’s Degree in Educational Administration or
such alternatives to the above qualification as the Board may find
appropriate and acceptable.
Preferred Middle School Experience
Valid State of Ohio Licensure and
Certified OTES Evaluator
Successful experience in leadership and teaching.
The ability to be a strong presence both within as well as outside of the
school, serving as a representative and advocate for student and
The ability to find creative and sustainable solutions to school problems
by working with appropriate staff, parents, students and/or community
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 days per year
How to Apply: How to Apply: Internal
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 3:30 p.m. on Friday, March 27, 2020. Follow links: About Marion City Schools/Apply at Marion City Schools/Internal Applicants/Submit an Internal Application/Transfer Form/Login to existing account/Select Position/Administration/Principal/ Job #12843/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle, Director of Human Capital and Operations via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740-223-4488.
How to Apply: External
If you are interested in being considered for this position, you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 27, 2020. Follow links: About Marion City Schools/Apply at Marion City Schools/View All Open Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Administration/Principal/Apply on Educational Service Center of Central Ohio Application Form/Select Position -Job #12843/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle, Director of Human Capital and Operations via email email@example.com or call 740-223-4488.
Posting End Date:
MM : 3
DD : 27
YYYY : 2020