School District / Company: Ohio Department of Education
Phone: (614) 466-3796-
Street Address : 25 S Front St
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43215
Position Title: Operations Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Full Time
MM : 4
DD : 2
YYYY : 2018
Duties: The Ohio Department of Education, Office for Child Nutrition is seeking a data-driven, analytical and detail-oriented individual with experience in regulatory compliance and process improvement.
Major Responsibilities & Duties:
Records and reports:
• Prepares for management evaluations from USDA;
• Works with internal auditors by sending data and responding to inquiries, prepare travel, tracking, expense, position request and IT forms;
• Gathers and enters data for federal monthly/quarterly program reports.
Partnership and program management:
• Acts as primary point of contact and communicates decisions or assignments to appropriate internal and external customers and staff;
• Verifies that goods & services meet specifications;
• Initiates vendor performance resolution;
• Researches & resolves customer & supplier disputes;
• Coordinates procurement efforts between program office and DAS and/or DAS Cooperative Purchasing Program;
• Identifies potential sources for goods & services;
• Monitors contract terms & renewal options;
• Contacts other government offices to standardize specifications & establishes cooperative agreements;
• Reviews & analyzes contracts & invoices for accuracy & for adherence to applicable agency, state &/or federal statutes, regulations, rules, policies &/or procedures;
• Coordinates with federal, state, and local agencies regarding food safety, holds, and/or recalls of products involving USDA Foods;
• Delivers presentations, stand up training, or instruction to staff, management, clients, or the public.
Program development and evaluation:
• Creates trainings and webinars for school food service Staff, internal ODE staff and any other assigned personnel;
• Assists schools in using entitlement by forecasting, ordering and keeping internal inventory levels at the federal guideline;
• Performs offsite monitoring of inventory levels/rotation of all items;
• Completes on site warehouse reviews including bi-annual warehouse inventory audit;
• Conducts needs assessment for seminars, workshops, conferences and training evaluations.
Performs other duties as assigned:
• Performs clerical tasks (e.g., receives, opens, logs, distributes incoming mail; answers phone & screens calls;
• Attends & conducts meetings with agency personnel.
Experience Required: Minimum Qualifications:
• Completion of undergraduate core program in business or public administration.
• Or 2 years of training or 2 years of experience in research & analysis & written documentation of findings.
Wage or Salary: Starting compensation for this position is $19.77 hourly/$41,122 annually with the opportunity to advance in pay after 6 months.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 40
How to Apply: All qualified candidates should apply at www.careers.ohio.gov no later than February 28, 2018.
Posting End Date:
MM : 2
DD : 28
YYYY : 2018