School District / Company: Fairport Harbor Exempted Village Schools
Phone: (440) 354-5400
Street Address : 329 Vine St.
City : Fairport Harbor
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 44077
Position Title: Part-Time Treasurer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administration/Treasurer
MM : 7
DD : 1
YYYY : 2020
Duties: FAIRPORT HARBOR EXEMPTED VILLAGE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Title: Treasurer Job Description - Part-Time
As required by law, the Fairport Harbor Exempted Village Board of Education will appoint an individual to serve as Treasurer to the Board. The person selected by the Board must be licensed by and meet the standards established by the Ohio State Board of Education.
Initial appointments will be for two years and reappointment for four years, which will be made at the Board’s annual organizational meeting.
If the Board does not intend to reappoint the Treasurer, either after the Treasurer’s probationary term or after a four-year term, it will notify the Treasurer, in writing, of the Board’s intention no later than the first regularly scheduled Board meeting in October. If the Board does not give such notice by the specified date, the Treasurer is considered reemployed for a four-year term at a salary determined by the Board at its organizational meeting in January.
The Treasurer will perform the duties prescribed by state law and will be directly responsible to the Board of Education and will work cooperatively with the Superintendent.
Specific Duties of the Treasurer:
As secretary to the Board of Education, the Treasurer will perform the following duties:
1. Attend all Board meetings
2. Compile and preserve all official records and reports of the Board
3. Keep the official minutes of the Board of Education in a safe place and make them available for inspection during the hours when the Treasurer’s office is open
4. Deliver the minutes of each Board meeting Board members before the meeting at which they are to be approved
5. Deliver to each Board member, before each regular meeting, a complete agenda for the meeting, together with copies of all necessary data and correspondence
6. Handle all communications of the Board
As Treasurer to the Board, he/she will perform the following duties:
1. Collaborate with the Superintendent in the preparation of the annual appropriations measure and budget
2. Keep an account of all funds of the school district
3. Sign all checks drawn of district funds
4. Receive and preserve all vouchers for payment and disbursements made by the Board
5. Render a monthly state to the Board showing receipts and expenditures, appropriations, balances, assets, and liabilities
6. Prepare all financial reports required by law or the State Department of Education
7. Make income tax deductions and retirement fund contributions in accordance with legal requirements
8. Deposit all public funds of the district
9. Advertise for bids in reference to building, repairing, equipment, etc.
10. Work with the Superintendent in financial planning
11. Issue all purchase orders after requisitions are approved by the Superintendent
12. Supervise the preparation of warrants for paying bills
13. Supervise payroll procedures
14. Invest Board’s inactive/interim funds
15. Act as a fiscal adviser to Superintendent and Board
16. Collect and account for tuition charges
17. Supervise school activity accounts
18. Serve as a resource person for negotiations
19. Perform such other duties as determined by the Board
The Board will determine the salary of the Treasurer at its annual organizational meeting.
The Treasurer before taking office will execute a bond in the amount determined and with the surety approved by the Board. The Board will pay the premium on the bond.
In the case of the absence of the Treasurer at any meeting, the members will choose a Treasurer from among its membership to serve pro tempore.
Experience Required: Licensed School Treasurer for the state of Ohio. Preferred accounting experience or a minimum of course work in bookkeeping practices. Proficient computer skills. An Associates Degree or higher in Accounting would be advantageous. Experience in public school business office desirable. Ability to interact positively with the school and community. Ability to develop effective working relationships with staff and the school community. Ability to perform duties with awareness of all district requirements and Board policies.
Wage or Salary: $36, 000.00 to $40,000.00
Approximate Work Hours or Days: As required by the Board
How to Apply: Click the link below:
Posting End Date:
MM : 7
DD : 1
YYYY : 2020