School District / Company: Marion City Schools
Phone: (740) 223-4401
Street Address : 420 Presidential Dr., Suite B
City : Marion
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43302
Position Title: Student Affairs Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrator
MM : 1
DD : 30
YYYY : 2019
Duties: Job Goal: Plans, coordinates and supervises the operation of the non-academic wrap-around services, and programs to address barriers to student success. Oversees grant services, maintenance of student records, evaluates staff, and serves as district liaison for non-academic support staff.
• Ensure the safety of students.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Exhibit professional behavior, emotional stability and
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships.
• Interact in a positive manner with staff, students and
• Promotes and plans staff development through work
with staff development coordinator, Region 7 Support
Team and other contacts.
• Evaluates current programs and makes recommendations
to the Director of Teaching and Learning or Director of
Student Services concerning the direction, realignment
and reorganization of non-academic programing.
• Plans, develops, and coordinates a districtwide system of
mental health services.
• Assumes responsibility for remaining aware of state and
county requirements and regulations affecting school
mental health programs.
• Coordinates registration and enrollment procedures for
• Oversees and maintains records, reports, and
documentation related to funding.
• Represents the district at various community agency
• Supervises student services staff including attendance
liaison, ESL staff, school social workers, nurses, related
service personnel, and diversity coordinator.
• Coordinates and supervises purchased services including
county services, health related services, and other
related services provided to students.
• Works with building principals in evaluation of all non-
academic programs and on observations/evaluations of
both certified and non-certified staff.
• Collaborates with teachers, principals, and other school
personnel in sharing information and understanding
about a student, and establishes and plans for respective
roles in the modification of the student’s behavior.
• Recruits, screens, assigns, evaluates, and trains staff
members for the various branches of student personnel
• Conducts in-service workshops and training and
development programs for members of the department
and for selected teachers.
• Assumes responsibility for own professional
development; for keeping current with the literature,
new research findings, and improved techniques in
specialized area; and for attending appropriate
• Coordinates referrals to school and community
• Explains and interprets district and school policies to
students, staff, and community.
• Establishes effective liaison with the various offices and
agencies within the community that may provide
specialized or professional help to students and their
parents, and serves as the referral agent to those offices
• Establishes effective working relationships with other
institutions of the town, region, and state that may be of
use to teachers, parents, or students.
• Defines and interprets the professional functions of
student personnel specialists to administrators, teachers,
students, parents, and the public.
• Oversight of McKinney-Vento coordinator.
• Develops and maintains procedures of process for
procurement of services for students.
• Establishes procedures for requisitioning, ordering, and
paying for non-academic items.
• Keeps informed of all legal requirements governing non-
• Works cooperatively with superintendent and the
• Acts as the Superintendent’s designee in all concerns
related to non-academic services.
• Monitor attendance/suspension of students, Juvenile
Court referrals and regulations.
• Administers program for student registration (i.e. Open
Enrollment, complete child count for funding purposes
and child find.)
• Administers Home School program.
• Acts as district expulsion hearing officer.
• Attends Board meetings and prepares such reports for
the Board as assigned by the Superintendent.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the
• Maintains appropriate licenses/endorsements and
training hours as required.
• Adhere to all standards established by the Ohio
Department of Education for Licensed Educators.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Refer suspected cases of child abuse immediately to the
appropriate child protective services/law enforcement
agency as mandated by state law and Board of Education
• Promote good public relations by personal appearance,
attitude and conversation.
• Occasional travel to School District offices, building,
classroom and grounds.
• Occasional traversing throughout various buildings.
• Often sitting for extended periods.
• Standing for periods of time.
• Moderate lifting from 15-30 pounds.
• Manual dexterity to use office equipment. Repetitive
operation of computer keyboard.
• Sensory Abilities: Ability to communicate effectively in all
aspects of the job. Work Environment: Generally, office
setting year round. Temperament: Ability to work as a
leader, coordinator and a member of a team.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret educational
periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,
or governmental regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of administrators, staff and the
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of the Board’s policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
*This job description identifies primary responsibilities and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and activities. This job description is subject to change in response to student demographics, staffing factors, funding variables, modified operating procedures, program/curriculum and additional changes as assigned or directed by the Superintendent of the Marion City Schools.
Experience Required: Qualifications:
• Masters degree
• Administrative license preferred
• Ability to work with building administrators and
• Experience with community agencies
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 day contract
How to Apply: How to Apply: Internal Applicant
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019. Follow links: About Marion City Schools/Jobs at Marion City Schools/Apply at Marion City Schools/ViewInternalPositions/Administration/JobID#10963/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle via email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply: External Applicant
If you are interested in being considered for this position you must apply online at www.marioncityschools.org prior to 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 1, 2019. Follow links: About Marion City Schools/Jobs at Marion City Schools/Apply at Marion City Schools/View All Open Positions in Consortium Districts/Sorted by District/Marion City Schools/Administration/JobID#10963/Apply. If you have any questions please contact Adam Kunkle via email
Posting End Date:
MM : 3
DD : 1