School District / Company: Champion Local School District
Phone: (330) 505-2800
Street Address : 6000 Youngstown Warren Road
City : Niles
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 44446
Position Title: Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administration
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2019
Duties: The qualities and characteristics desired for the leader of the Champion Local School District are, in part, identified below.
The Superintendent will:
• Possess visionary skills as an educational leader and the ability to set short and long-range goals for ongoing improvement.
• Identify and support effective and innovative instructional practices based on research and data.
• Create and maintain community engagement processes that allow for maintaining ongoing and open, two-way communication between the school and community stakeholders.
• Demonstrate experience implementing successful programs, maintaining high standards and ensuring accountability for results.
• Work with the Board of Education to sustain a focus on district goals and engage district staff in the process and responsibility of achieving such goals.
• Create a culture that supports continuous improvement throughout the district.
• Possess strong management skills.
• Demonstrate a sincere interest in the community along with the ability to inspire community confidence in the school system.
• Serve as a skilled communicator and mediator in working with the board, parents, students, staff and community members.
• Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in budgeting and school finance.
• Demonstrate an understanding of effective processes for leading levy campaigns and fundraising efforts.
• Develop and maintain relationships and communicate with elected officials and other policy makers, and key business and community groups.
• Possess strong interpersonal skills including a personal style of visibility, accessibility, friendliness and professionalism.
Please visit the Trumbull County Educational Service Center website and view the entire posting here:
Experience Required: The Board of Education will consider applications from individuals who:
• Hold an Ohio superintendent’s certificate or license.
• Experience as a superintendent, preferred.
Wage or Salary: The Board of Education will offer an initial multi-year contract. Salary and benefits will be commensurate with education and experience.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260
How to Apply: Candidates are to submit an electronic application to Mr. Michael Hanshaw, Trumbull County Educational Service Center Superintendent, via TCESC’s online application system. Visit the TCESC webpage under Human Resources, Application Information or click here: https://www.applitrack.com/trumbullcoesc/onlineapp/default.aspx. The completed electronic application file should include the following:
• Completed application.
• Letter of intent emphasizing experiences or skills relative to the Board’s stated qualifications.
• A current resume.
• Evidence of certification/licensure.
• List of three professional references.
Posting End Date:
MM : 1
DD : 18
YYYY : 2019