School District / Company: Hardin-Houston Local Schools
Phone: (937) 295-3010
Street Address : 5300 Houston Rd
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 45333
Position Title: Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrator
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2019
Duties: LEADERSHIP CRITERIA: The Hardin-Houston Local School District Board of Education has identified the following qualifications as having particular importance for the position of Superintendent. The ideal candidate must be committed to the highest personal and professional standards and exhibit leadership throughout the district.
**Search Website: Intereseted Candidates are asked to visit Hardin-Houston Superintendent Search site at https://sites.google.com/mresc.org/hardin-houston-search2018 for additional information.
• Must hold an Ohio Superintendent License.
• Possess a strong administrative background in public schools.
• Experience as a school administrator with superintendent, assistant superintendent or central office experience preferred.
• Commitment to the highest personal and professional standards.
• A comprehensive understanding of Ohio school law, finance and regulations, and financial reporting.
• Self-starting skills with a positive team attitude.
• Keen business management skills in the areas of long-range planning, fiscal forecasting, personnel management, collective bargaining, and insurance management.
• The ability to work as an articulate, straightforward communicator with strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with school board members, administrators, staff, students, parents, the community and elected officials.
• Visionary and strong multi-tasking skills, with the ability to organize and synthesize information efficiently, which produces short- and long-range plans for continuous improvement.
• Personal integrity, as well as a record of being loyal, positive, enthusiastic and organized with a strong work ethic.
• Be a relationship builder that understands the communities’ culture, history, tradition and basic values in this small, close knit communities.
• Have success in improving academic achievement with a demonstrated ability to define and implement continuous improvement strategies.
Experience Required: Prior experience as a school administrator with superintendent, assistant superintendent, or central office experience preferred.
Wage or Salary: The Board of Education will provide a competitive compensation package. A multi-year contract with provisions for annual review and evaluation will be offered. The actual salary and fringe benefits will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s education and experience.
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 Days
How to Apply: Nominations and applications by qualified candidates are encouraged. Candidates are asked to submit:
• A letter emphasizing qualifications and reason for interest
• A completed application form, which can be obtained on the District's Superintendent Search Site @ https://sites.google.com/mresc.org/hardin-houston-search2018
• A current resume
• A current copy of Ohio Superintendent Certificate/License
• Credentials and transcripts
• At least three (3) letters of reference
Completed application and materials should be mailed to:
Midwest Regional ESC
Attn: Scott Howell, Superintendent
129 East Court Street
Sidney, Ohio 45365
or fax: (937)498-4850
**Important Notice: Information regarding the Superintendent position for Hardin-Houston Local Schools can be obtained by contacting Scott Howell, Superintendent at the Midwest Regional ESC, (937)498-1354 or by email at email@example.com
Posting End Date:
MM : 1
DD : 11
YYYY : 2019