School District / Company: Keystone Local Schools
Street Address : 531 Opportunity Way
City : Lagrange
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 44050
Position Title: Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Superintendent
MM : 08
DD : 01
YYYY : 2018
Duties: Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
The following duties are representative of performance expectations. A
reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a qualified individual with
a disability to perform essential functions.
* Serves as the board's professional adviser. Prepares meeting agendas in
cooperation with the board president. Provides information and
recommendations on all issues considered by the board.
* Evaluates the ongoing relevance of board policies. Develops and/or updates
administrative procedures to carry out adopted board policies.
* Uses personal discretion to address emergency situations not covered by board policy or administrative procedures. Reports actions undertaken.
* Directs the planning and implementation of a continuous improvement plan.
* Administers and is accountable for the effective provision of school programs, services and activities. Enforces all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
* Works with the treasurer to prepare an annual budget/appropriations measure
designed to serve the needs of the school system. Works with the board and
community to maintain a strong commitment of financial support.
* Maintains visibility. Carries out a public relations program that promotes
positive image and understanding of the district's mission, philosophy, and
vision. Builds community partnerships that enhance district programs and services.
* Oversees the preparation of an annual report and a district calendar.
* Serves as the board liaison to residents, other school systems, institutions, and community organizations.
Experience Required: Minimum Qualifications:
* Valid Ohio superintendent’s license or certificate. Academic preparation and experience in educational administration, curriculum/instruction, and school finance.
* Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.), as well as being able to perform the essential functions of the position.
* Documentation of a clear criminal and ethical record.
* Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
* Meets all prerequisite qualifications to be bonded.
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260
How to Apply: APPLICATION
Interested individuals are invited to submit an online Application.
Applications must contain the following up-loaded items:
· A letter emphasizing qualifications and reason for interest
· A current resume
· A copy of current Ohio Superintendent License
· Three letters of recommendation
The Educational Service Center of Lorain County will be assisting the Keystone Board of Education with its search. Please direct questions to:
Mr. Greg Ring, Superintendent
ESC of Lorain County
(440) 324-5777 ext 1102
Posting End Date:
MM : 05
DD : 10
YYYY : 2018