School District / Company: Ohio Department of Youth Services
Phone: (614) 466-4314
Street Address : 4545 Fisher Rd
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43228
Position Title: Superintendent of Schools
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Executive Level
MM : 12
DD : 23
YYYY : 2018
Duties: The successful candidate will:
• Manage & direct both school systems to comply with framework established by the Ohio State Board of Education.
• Ensure school districts comply with agency, state & federal rules, regulations & guidelines governing education standards
• Develop and implement innovative and creative approaches to effective education program delivery with the needs of at-risk youth and high need adults in mind
• Approve all improvements, revisions or abolishment of programs
• Coordinate Library Services & Post-Secondary programs
• Serve as chief liaison with Department of Education & other related federal & state agencies
• Maintain compliance with Special Education rules & regulations
• Approve all education applications for Department of Education Certification
• Develop policies & procedures to implement new educational programs consistent with the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) and the American Correctional Association (ACA)
• Design & implement the School District Comprehensive Continuous Improvement Plan (CCIP) and Technology Plans
• Ensure compliance with the Operating Standards for Ohio Schools and supervise assigned state-wide administrative staff
• Formulate the school district budget for all statewide and federal monies
• Responsible for securing federal monies for education programming
• Provide oversight over the annual budget and expenditures.
• Oversight of the certification and licensure process.
Preferred Minimum Qualifications:
• Must meet eligibility requirements for appropriate type of supervisory/administrative certification as required and issued by the department of education
• 42 months experience in supervisory or administrative position in educational institution or system
• Note: Applicant must successfully obtain appropriate supervisory/administrative certification prior to employment.
Wage or Salary: $54974 to $148158 max
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 80
How to Apply: Interested candidates must apply via www.careers.ohio.gov.
Posting End Date:
MM : 12
DD : 6
YYYY : 2018