JOB OPENING INFORMATION:
School District / Company: Columbus City Schools
Phone: (614) 365-5000
Street Address : 270 East State Streeet
City : Columbus
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43215
Position Title: Supervisor, Application Development & E-Rate
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Supervisor
MM : 1
DD : 21
YYYY : 2019
Duties: POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Application Development Team and the Federal E-rate program. Responsibilities include; database administration, support and administration of both internally and externally hosted systems, application development, programming and support of district software, as well as all, filing, record maintenance and reviews of the E-rate process annually.
• Supervises the day-to-day activities of assigned staff, including hiring, training, counseling, and evaluating staff performance.
• Assumes responsibility for the planning, coordination and execution of assigned technology projects; ensures work is completed on time and in accordance with established systems and procedures.
• Supervises all E-rate program filings, trainings, and coordination efforts with District applicants.
o Partners with the Infrastructure and Support Services Manager to facilitate telecommunication invoicing, the review and approval of district telecommunications invoices, and the monitoring of the budget for telecommunications services.
o Verifies applicable state laws confirming eligibility of applicant groups; including the National School Lunch program numbers.
o Ensures timely and accurate filing of all required forms and program requirements.
o Manages the annual E-rate audit process.
o Keeps abreast of new products, developments and trends in the information technology field that may affect the Districts’ E-rate filing opportunities.
• Engages and manages contract development resources, as necessary. Negotiates contract terms and pricing with contractors/vendors and works with contractors/vendors to resolve issues and concerns, as needed.
• Continuously improves the application development process.
• Provides assistance and consultation to District administrators and staff regarding student and business support systems. Develops and maintains communication and relationships with all stakeholders.
• Resolves problems, situations, or issues in a collaborative, tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
• Ensures departmental staff maintains required credentials and facilitates on-going development opportunities that align with District strategies and objectives.
• Ensures achievement of the highest level of customer satisfaction with the delivered product.
• Resolves production problems in a timely manner by rapidly organizing and deploying the necessary resources.
• Reviews problems being experienced to determine how to prevent them in the future and how to resolve them in the most cost-effective manner when they occur.
• Develops and maintains metrics to provide objective evaluation of team efforts.
• Assists in the resolution of more complex information technology-related issues.
• Provides assistance and consultation to District administrators and staff on a variety of information technology-related projects.
• Assists in the development and implementation of technology standards, policies, and procedures.
• Recommends expenditures and implementation plans for tools aiding systems development.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience Required: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field.
• Five (5) or more years of related information technology experience including managing system development processes, developing and integrating computer applications.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively serve as both a leader and member of a team.
• Successful experience with simultaneously implementing a variety of complex application development projects.
• Multi-platform experience, including web, client-server, midrange, and mainframe.
• General knowledge of the objectives, methods, systems, and applications of information systems, as well as information systems strategies and methodologies.
• Experience with designing, integrating, and implementing application systems.
• Demonstrated project management skills necessary to successfully implement a variety of complex application development projects.
• Interpersonal skills necessary to necessary to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to successfully negotiate contracts with vendors.
• Ability to handle problem situations in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills
• Experience with development of an annual budget, allocation of resources, and monitoring expenditures.
• Written skills necessary to maintain various departmental records, documents and reports.
Wage or Salary: $93,483.00 to $111,849.00 Annually
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260
How to Apply: apply at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/ccsoh
Posting End Date:
MM : 1
DD : 7
YYYY : 2019