School District / Company: Gahanna-Jefferson Public Schools
Phone: (614) 471-7065
Street Address : 160 South Hamilton Road
City : Gahanna
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 43230
Position Title: Transportation Supervisor
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative
MM : 6
DD : 18
YYYY : 2018
Duties: • Organizes and implements a pupil transportation system within the policies of the Board of Education.
• Understands and enforces all applicable local and state traffic and transportation laws.
• Develops and maintains lists of children eligible for transportation (records include name, address, grade and bus assignment).
• Recommends to the Board of Education the bus stops (makes them in as safe a location as possible).
• Coordinates field trips and athletic trips for transportation.
• Recruits, interviews, checks background and recommends for employment bus drivers and substitute bus drivers.
• Establishes good rapport with students, teaching staff, school administrators, civic groups, the general public and employees under his/her supervision.
• Assists in establishing uniform personnel policies, job descriptions and salary schedules for transportation personnel.
• Periodically checks the driving records of all bus drivers in order to assure student safety.
• Plans in-service training programs, personnel conferences and regular staff meetings for the bus drivers.
• Conducts driver education program for school bus drivers.
• Maintains personnel records and reports for the Payroll Department.
• Keeps records for preparation of state and local reports such as inventories, pupils transported, route mileage, time records, special trip records, traffic accidents and other required reports.
• Interprets transportation procedures and regulations to public and staff.
• Makes recommendations that may improve transportation services and efficiency, such as rules and regulations for drivers and pupil conduct.
• Cooperates with building principals/others to plan the transportation schedule to fit the requirements of a particular school.
• Assists in establishing a financial policy that will permit the transportation of students at a minimum cost to the taxpayer.
• Keeps an up-to-date record of school owned and/or operated vehicles and buses.
• Assists in the procedures to purchase school buses.
• Assists in the coordination of duties of the mechanics and mechanics’ helper.
• Coordinates the operation of the shared transportation facility with the City of Gahanna.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience Required: • High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• College/Business degree preferred.
• Experience in general transportation operations preferred.
Wage or Salary: Commensurate with experience
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 261-day contract/year
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to Scott Lofton, Business Director, at LOFTONS@GJPS.ORG.
Posting End Date:
MM : 8
DD : 1
YYYY : 2018