School District / Company: Summit Educational Service Center
Phone: (330) 945-5600
Street Address : 420 Washington Avenue
City : Cuyahoga Falls
State : Ohio
Zip Code : 44221
Position Title: Treasurer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Treasurer
MM : 8
DD : 01
YYYY : 2018
Duties: The Treasurer of the Summit Educational Service Center shall serve as the chief financial officer and as a resource to the Board regarding fiscal matters. He/she also: coordinates finances with county and state fiscal officials; keeps accurate records of all money; helps prepare annual appropriations and budgets; manages all accounting systems; pays all bills; coordinates financial data processing systems; prepares fiscal and management reports; serves as a member of the administrative team; informs the Board regarding accounts and funds; and serves as secretary at Board meetings, recording all official proceedings.
Experience Required: Qualifications:
• A valid Ohio School Treasurer License
• Experience as a Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer, preferred.
• Understanding of Ohio School Law, GAAP accounting, finance and regulations.
• Ability to interpret and present financial data in simple, understandable terms.
• Ability to use technology well to ensure timely reports, as well as communication with the public.
• Ability to work well with others, especially the Superintendent and Board of Education.
• Personal integrity, loyal, positive, enthusiastic, organized and hard-working.
Wage or Salary:
Approximate Work Hours or Days: 260 Days
How to Apply: How to apply:
Applications by qualified candidates are encouraged.
Additional materials to be submitted within the application include:
-A letter emphasizing qualifications and recent achievements, reasons for interest;
-A current resume;
-A copy of a valid Ohio Treasurer’s Certificate/License;
-Official credentials and transcripts;
-Three current letters of reference, one of which is a recent employer.
Posting End Date:
MM : 03
DD : 23
YYYY : 2018