Tri-County Career Center
Attn: Laura Dukes, Treasurer
15676 State Route 691
Nelsonville, OH 45764
Submission Deadline: August 20, 2018, 3pm
Tri-County Career Center High School & Adult Education: “Inspire, challenge, and prepare students to reach their career potential.”
The Tri-County Career Center, which opened September, 1968, is located on one campus in Nelsonville and serves the following affiliate school districts: Alexander Local, Athens City, Federal Hocking Local, Logan-Hocking Local, Nelsonville-York City, New Lexington City, Southern Local, and Trimble Local.
The Tri-County Career Center has a proud tradition of providing both academic excellence and career-specific training for high school students, as well as challenging and rewarding programs for adult education students. The specific programs offered in the high school are: Auto Body Technology, Auto Service Technology, Building and Property Trades, Business Professionals, Computer Tech Academy, Construction Trades, Cosmetology, Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement, Culinary Arts, Diesel/Ag Technology, Early Childhood Education, Electrical Trades, Fashion and Marketing, Hospitality Services, Medical Professions, Nursing Technology, Power Line Technology, Sports Medicine, Teacher Academy, and Welding Technology. The specific career training programs offered in the adult education career are: Cosmetology, Industrial Maintenance, Industrial Welding Technology, Medical Assisting Technology, Nursing Assistant, and Phlebotomy Training.
The high school had an ADM of 458 for the 2017-2018 school year. Full-time staff: 45 certified, 37 classified and 5 administrators. Last year’s general fund revenues were 51% from local sources and 49% from the state. Last year’s appropriations were $7,280,000 general fund, $9,748,840 all funds. The Center had outside millage (voted) of 3.30 and $1,957,225,590 valuation.
Superintendent/CEO Performance Expectations
Tri-County Career Center Board of Education is in search of its next Superintendent/CEO. The successful candidate will have a diverse and dynamic background and will be able to establish commitment to the principles of leadership of a career-technical school in Ohio.
The successful candidate for the Superintendent/CEO position with the Tri-County Career Center will demonstrate the following specific experience and competencies:
• Educational team leader who is able to develop, supervise and support teaching and administrative talent, inspire high performance standards with accountability, and find satisfaction in the success of others.
• Excellent speaking and listening skills, with the ability to work with the Board of Education, Treasurer, staff and community.
• Student-centered decision maker with a comprehensive view of education, a working knowledge of curriculum and instruction, and a commitment to the development of all students.
• Working knowledge of career-tech and adult education, Perkins grant funding
• Person of integrity who has high standards of honesty, ethics and personal conduct.
• Knowledge of school law, school finance, and state and federal academic requirements and related measurement goals.
• A strong commitment to the integration of technology and learning.
To be set by the Board of Education at the time of employment, based upon demonstrated experience and competencies, in a negotiable range between $105,000 to $115,000.
Interested candidates must submit the following information:
• A letter of application indicating the candidate’s interest in the position and qualifications.
• Completed application form, which can be obtained from the website or the Center’s Treasurer Laura Dukes:
Web page: www.tricountyhightech.com
• Current resume.
• Three current letters of professional reference.
• A copy of valid Ohio Superintendent’s License/Certificate or evidence that one can be obtained.
Tri-County Career Center has dedicated itself to providing equal admission opportunities, equal education opportunities, and equal employment opportunities to all people regardless of race, color, faith, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, economic status, age, disability, military status or on the basis of legally acquired genetic information.